Andrew Hinkinson has over two decades of B2C and B2B copywriting and editorial experience, working across a range of media – websites, newspapers, magazine and book publishing – as a community and content manager, editor and journalist. He has an MA in Creative Writing from Manchester Metropolitan University and is the author of a bestselling non-fiction title, Chickens As Pets – Your Definitive Guide to Keeping Pet Chickens. He provides copywriting, ebook conversion and editing help to individuals looking to self-publish and businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Andrew can help with ebook creation in all formats, providing one-to-one author assistance with everything from proofing and editing through to cover creation, EPUB standards compliance, font selection and uploading to digital retailers such as Amazon, Apple, Kobo and more.
Advice for authors is also available, on how to approach the running of their social media accounts; how to conduct themselves publicly online; how to manage promotional activity; how to engage authentically with prospective readers; how to cope with and turn to your advantage any negatives, such as bad publicity and trolls. Andrew is himself the hugely successful self-published author of the bestselling non-fiction book, Chickens As Pets – Your Definitive Guide to Keeping Pet Chickens. The website for the book can be found at http://chickensaspets.uk.com. Andrew undertakes promotional activity around the title, including giving talks and appearing on local and national radio and TV. On social media, Chickens As Pets has a following of thousands on Twitter and an active Facebook community with over 10,000 members.
Andrew’s skills include:
• Copywriting – Researching and writing articles, and editing the work of others for a variety of companies and publications, from academic publishing houses to lifestyle magazines. These include Everything Is Connected Press, Spellbinding Media, Attitude magazine, The Entrepreneur Channel, JCT Building and Construction, Daisy plc, Beulah62 Community Arts, meetupcall.com, cardprocessing.co.uk, Mojo (HK) Ltd.
• Social Media – Extensive multi-platform experience including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+. Developing engaging content and news stories for customers, businesses and internal stakeholders. Extending brand personalities online, building and nurturing relationships with user communities through insight and interaction. Consulting work on how to incorporate a variety of online functionalities into business operations to generate interest, add value, create new revenue opportunities and secure customer loyalty.
• Content Management – Writing and commissioning content across customer-facing websites including http://beulah62.com, http://www.daisygroupplc.com, http://cardprocessing.co.uk, http://meetupcall.com. Services range from site development and content creation/sourcing to ongoing nurture contracts to ensure optimal SEO copy, registration with relevant web directories, consultation and advice on how to use new content to maintain and build an online presence.
• User experience – Maximisation of digital engagement; facilitating creative workshops focusing on client experience. Identifying target demographics using the right tone and language to attract and retain specific audiences while ensuring the customer journey is always coherent, transparent, flexible, confidence-inspiring and technologically robust across a variety of mobile and static operating systems, apps and browsers.
• SEO, Analytics and Insight – Writing authentic, believable copy that incorporates relevant and popular keyword terms. Using Google Analytics to ascertain and improve upon what is being read, how many visitors are reading it, time spent on the page, jumping-in points, conversion rates. Utilising Google Adwords to ensure the most searched-for words and phrases during any given time period are deployed.
• Print and E-Marketing – Using MailChimp and other distribution systems to produce marketing emails, flyers, brochures, policy documents and press releases. Co-branded promotional pages and activities with other companies where there are shared benefits. Generating positive brand awareness through support and sponsorship of charity fundraisers with news stories, interviews and calls to action whereby charities secure generous bulk discounts on products in return for brand recognition in their own materials. Traditional marketing tie-ins such as festival appearances and newspaper features with awareness of these promoted through digital channels as well.
• Digital Marketing – Providing input into the development of digital strategy. Responsibilty for traffic generation, cross-channel integration/channel management and generating significant rises in referrals from search, social media and partner networks.
• Technical skills – Andrew is proficient in using MS Word, WordPress and other CMS packages, with cross-platform dexterity (OSX and Windows). He can use Photoshop, Pixelmator, Sigil, Calibre, InDesign, Pages, iBooks Author, iTunes Producer and many more software packages. He is able to produce standards-compliant digital books in iBooks, ePub and .mobi formats.
If you are looking for a wordsmith and editor with talent, personality and drive, who will deliver what you want to deadline, contact Andrew. His rates are competitive, and client references can be provided. Availability cannot be guaranteed, especially at short notice.